Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Supernatural - 6.22 - The Man Who Knew Too Much - Recap

The Road So Far - Sam jumped into the pit, Dean was bloody, Sam told Dean to go to Lisa, he did, Sam rose soulless, the Winchesters killed lots of things, Lisa told Dean to rejoin Sam on the hunt, Sam worked out and tried to kill Bobby, Death restored Sam's soul and put up a wall, more things died, Crowley wanted Purgatory, Eve rose, souls are powerful, Raphael and Cas both want heaven. Crowley didn't die but Eve did, Cas and Crowley formed a business, Team Free Will is now Team Three Will vs Cas' Falling Angel Brigade (and Carry on Wayward Son still rocks!)

Sam runs as sirens wail. The camera jolts awkwardly and I'm confused and seasick. He breaks a lock as a police car goes by Castle Storage. Hey, Continuity Fairy, you're back! I hope you stay awhile. Sam enters the backdoor of a bar and the bartender says they're closed. Sam asks for time and is clearly running from the police. Bartender doesn't want the hassle and grabs a baseball bat while Stellar Premium Beer gets product placement. The power of Sam's desperate voice works overtime and she puts the bat down. Huh? Why would you do that? She asks Sam's name but he doesn't remember it or anything else. Uh oh. Someone's wall came down. Glass breaks like Sam's memory.

Bartender hands Sam a beer since it's a clear remedy for memory loss and possible head trauma. For those keeping track, it's El Sol and I feel the WiaWSNB love. Sam remembers waking on a park bench and instinctively beating up the cops who tried to take him in. Pick up the bat again lady. Sam: "Who even knows how to do something like that?" Winchesters, Sam. I feel for your childhood. Bartender volunteers to take him to the ER but Sam is insistent. He needs to be somewhere quickly. Bartender: "Look the bats have flown the belfry. You need to see a doctor." Sam: "There's something I have to stop….something important. Something like life or death." Bartender says he has to relax to remember so he takes a deep breath and goes to the bar's library? What bar has a library? He picks up H. P. Lovecraft's The Haunter of the Dark which is in no way coincidental. Something funny's going on. I don't trust you Bartender. Sam thinks he's really, really a horror fan, but I'd say it's more a fan of keeping horror at bay. He flashes back to last episode and the Nite Owl Hotel. He almost collapses from the flashes, but when Bartender says hospital, Sam says computer. The hotel is 2 towns over. It may be a dump but it has a web page. Bartender suggests, "Maybe you're a hooker." That's out of left field, but it does have hourly rates. Sam laughs, thanks her, and starts to leave. Bartender says she's driving and Sam and I agree she's nuts. "Look if I let you go off alone, I won't be able to sleep at night and honestly, I'm dying to know how it all turns out." Go off with a stranger who knocks out police on instinct and chances are that is how it turns out. Bartender is hereby renamed Shady.

When hunting, choose the ground floor, corner room nearest the fire escape for "quickest getaway." Good to know. Sam asks for Shady's credit card and she hands it over without hesitation. "Why? Are we checking in?" Nope, but Sam's busting in. You can't be arrested for breaking in your own room, can you? "Dude, who are you?" Sam: "Good question." My question: Where are Dean and Bobby? Sam has his own hunter/serial killer wall mosaic and Shady still walks further inside. "Well, I love what you've done to the place. It's very Beautiful Mind meets Seven." Ha! I'd say "Serial Killer Wall of Death," but wrong show. Shady finds Jimmy Page, Angus Young, and Neil Peart aliases on the counter. Finally she starts freaking. Shouldn't you hide those? Sam freaks too upon seeing an article of the MIA Dr. Visyak. He falls to the ground, remembering that Bobby got a phone call asking to meet her in an alley and the trio headed over. She doesn't show so Bobby calls again and they follow the ringing behind a dumpster. Bobby races to her and she regrets dismissing his help. There's a big gushing wound in her abdomen; she's been tortured. "The demon I could have handled, but when the angel stepped in…I told him Bobby." Confirmation Cas tortured her and knows how to open Purgatory and we're only 9 minutes in. It's going to be fast-paced folks. To get to purgatory, you need virgin blood and the blood of a Purgatory native. Is that why the dragons needed so many virgins? Cas and Crowley already have one item and as long as Cas agrees to bleed a virgin, the second is easy too. The only thing missing is a moon eclipse, which coincidentally occurs tomorrow. Fabulous! Dr. V. tells Bobby she's sorry but she dies before giving up Cas and Crowley's location.

Um, Cas is behind them and since Bobby's torn by Dr. V.'s death, it's terrible timing. "I'm sorry this had to happen." Really Cas? You're sorry you helped torture and kill her? Just give it up. He blames Crowley but we already heard from Dr. V. herself. Bobby: "Yeah, I bet it was all Crowley, you SOB." He goes for Cas but the brothers hold him back. Smart move since who knows what Cas would do to him these days. Dean: "You don't even see it do you? How totally off the rails you are?" Cas: "Enough. I don't care what you think. I've tried to make you understand. You won't listen." Pot meet kettle before pot destroys the world. "So let me make this simple. Please go home and let me stop Raphael. I won't ask again." Cas is deluded, thinking he's the good guy here and maybe some fans agree. But when these are the means, there is no justification in the end. Dean refuses so Cas says, "I wish it hadn't come to this. Well rest assured, when this is all over, I will save Sam but only if you stand down." Busy street noises fill the air but I've got ominous drums in my head. We've come to do as I say or I kill your brother time. Great! Cas touches Sam's head and the wall comes tumbling down. Well, that answers my question last episode. Either Cas is lying now about saving Sam or he purposely allowed him to be RoboSam knowing he could fix him. Oh and this is the death knell on Dean and Cas' friendship. Dean forgives betraying him but put Sam in deliberate harm's way and nothing saves you from his wrath. Not even Cas.

Sam wakes on the floor of the Nite Owl and tells Shady his name. She asks what he remembers but he's reluctant to share. Shady: "It couldn't get any stranger." Wanna bet? Sam: "I just remember I was uh with 2 guys, one was like a male model type and the other was an older guy named um Bobby." Ha! He finds Bobby's address but Shady isn't up for South Dakota. About time you bailed. She asks how Sam will get there and he finds the Impala keys. Why does he have Dean's baby? "I guess I'll take my car. That's mine." At least it's not the plastic one. The two chat by Metallicar about Shady's bad feelings. "Whatever you're looking for, you might not like what you find." Sam: "What other choice do I have?" Shady: "You could stick around here a little longer and get your head straight instead of..." Trying to talk him out of going is so What Is and What Should Never Be. Stake her Sam and move on. A gun clicks and he pushes her down right before Brown Sleeve shoots them. What the heck? It's RoboSam!!!! Did not see that coming! Welcome to Sammy's hell. Sam's stunned too but RoboSam puts the gun down. Huh? Why? Shady shouts "Sammy!" and I'm even more confused. White light flashes and Dean watches a comatose Sammy in the panic room. I get it. Everything is in Sam's head and it was Dean's voice calling him. We pan from sleeping Sam to Dean's anxious face and fade to black. Love, love, love it!

The Rolling Stones' Play with Fire leads us back as Bobby watches a pacing Dean. "I can't just sit here Bobby. I've got to help him. Dreamscape his noggin, something." Bobby: "Dean, you know what Cas did. The dam instead your brother's head is gone and all hell's spilling loose. We don't know what's going on inside him." Dean doesn't care. He wants action. Bobby: "And we will. But right now we got 16 hours until they pop Purgatory. I'm down one man. I can't afford to be down two." Dean: "And how's that going, huh? We've got no line on Crowley. We've got no line on Cas. Balthazar's MIA. I mean all we've got is Sam going through whatever the hell this is." Oh for the love of continuity, does anyone remember the handy pendulum tracker thing from No Rest for the Wicked? Bobby pours hunter's helper. "This is exactly what Cas wants. For you to fall to pieces. So try to think of what Sam would want." It hits Dean right in the stomach and reminds me of Dean with Ben last episode. Hard truths to inspire quick action. Dean takes the whiskey. "Find Cas, Bobby. Find him now." And intense Dean is back! Cas is going down. Bobby head nods and they down whiskey as we pan to Sam's still body.

Back in Sam's head world, he smells whiskey. I laugh. Sam's getting all the good lines tonight. Shady asks who shot at them and he lies. He insists they go to Bobby's but she wants to go the cops. She's right; Sam doesn't know who he'll meet there. The Rolling Stones roar back as Dean shines a light in Sam's eyes. Head Sam is blinded as night turns to day (Maybe that's what happened in Bugs.) He stops the car to freak, but Shady says it was always day. Hmm. Sam: "What the hell is going on here?" Shady: " OK, so I am all filled up on crazy for today. You know what Sam, I'll see ya." Sam demands she get in the car because something's in the woods. He opens the Impala's trunk and his look is priceless. BWAH!!! "Wow!" Yep, that's what I said in the pilot when I first saw her arsenal. He tries different weapons before taking the sawed off.

And we've got RoboSam, who disarms Sam in 2 seconds and puts a gun to his head. When I first saw this, my 5-year-old niece came in at this point. You know how hard it is to explain Good Sam and Bad Sam to a little one? RoboSam: "Am I really that gawky?" Bwah! I miss your snarkiness. He says "Howdy" while Sam is stunned. RoboSam: "Usually you're awake when you're tripping balls." Looked that one up. Ha! "We're inside your grapefruit Sam. Son, you've been juiced." RoboSam, I adore your way with words. He succinctly exposits for me in appreciation. "Well, your BFF Cas brought the hell wall tumbling down and you, pathetic infant that you are, shattered into pieces." He points the gun at himself and Sam. "Piece. Piece." Head Sam is confused; I'm ecstatic for one more go-round with RoboSam before he sadly dies. RoboSam believes he's the superior Sam. "I'm not handicapped. I'm not saddled with a soul. In fact, I used to skipper this meatsuit for awhile. It was smooth sailing. I was sharp, strong. That is until they crammed your soul back in. Now look at you. Same misty-eyed milksop you always were. That's because souls are weak. They're a liability. Now, nothing personal but run the numbers. Someone's got to take charge around here before it's too late." He fires the gun, but he must be rusty. He misses. Sam runs with gigantor strides until he remembers that he too has a gun. ("He's got a sword." "We've all got swords." Sorry random Aladdin reference.) RoboSam plays seek to Sam's hide. He spots Sam's jacket and shoots. Ah, overconfidence is RoboSam's downfall too as Sam shoots him from behind. It's been fun RoboSam. He flips over. "You think I'm bad. Wait til you meet the other one." He collapsesand white light arcs from his body to Sam's. Back in the panic room, Real Sam convulses. Dean freaks but Sam goes still again.

HeadSam heads back to the Impala where a completely confident Shady waits. "I remember who I am. Everything I did this past year. And I remember you." Flashback to the bar where a Red-Eyed demon(?) holds Shady captive. RoboSam shoots her. "There goes your leverage." Cold! Blood seeps through HeadShady's t-shirt and she warns him to turn back. Sam apologizes but she says, "Not as sorry as you're gonna be." I expected her to attack but she simply poufs away. Very confusing. I firmly believe the writers never use her name so she can represent Sam's guilt over all the people RoboSam killed. Should have called her Symbol instead. Dean however is not up to debating symbolism, staring glumly into space with a shot of whiskey in hand. Bobby interrupts his musings with Balthazar. "Well at least you mudfish finally got the angel proofing right." Writers, although you have successfully killed "Destiel" it does not mean "Wincest" is fair game. Got it? Dean's his usual uncharming, ungrateful self with angels. "What the hell took you so long?" Balthy: "Honestly, I was having second thoughts…about whether to help you. I was thinking maybe, maybe I should rip out your sticky bits instead." I'm surprised you didn't with so little gratitude. Dean is taken aback. Maybe he'll be civil next time. He hands over Cas' address so I guess he's not immolating today. This is where you say thank you, Dean. For trivia buffs, the showdown takes place at 221 Piermont Ave. in Bootback, Kansas, which exists only on Supernatural. Dean wants Balthy to zap them there but no dice. "I'm betraying a friend here. A very powerful friend. We all are. So I think I've stuck my neck out far enough already. Good luck." He zaps away. Dean and Bobby grimace and look back at Sam.

The address is Crowley's Warehouse of Former Monster Torture. A giddy Crowley enters with a "Purgatory power shake." I'm surprised Crowley hasn't double crossed Cas by now. Once they got the formula, I figured it would be a power struggle. Crowley hands the jar to Cass, who quietly thanks him. Crowley: "You seem even more constipated than usual." Ha! Alas, Cas doesn't appreciate the humor. "I'm renegotiating our terms." Ah, so Cas for the double cross. Crowley is amazingly calm as Cas proposes, "You get nothing. Not one single soul." Crowley: "Kind of noticed, it seems a bit unfairly weighted." He says Cas wouldn't dare betray their contract, but he hasn't paid attention to the decisions Cas has made for the last two years. He dares. Crowley whines about dibs, but Cas retorts, "You think I'm handing all that power to the King of Hell. I'm neither stupid nor wicked." Well, one's debatable and it's not your intelligence. Crowley: "Unbelievable. Have you forgotten that you're the bottom in this relationship?" Cas: "Here are your options. You either flee or you die." Crowley brings up their pact, but since when does that mattered to a Supernatural angel. "Even I don't break contracts like this." Cas: "Flee or die." Crowley: "Boy, you can't trust anyone these days." He zips out but if Cas thinks he's stopped Crowley, his ego is farther gone than I fear.

We flip to Bobby's ala Disney's Haunted Mansion. HellSam sits in the dark in the kitchen, knife near hand. Sam yells at him and he slowly lifts his head to say hi. He's bloody and battered and defeated. "I'm the one who remembers hell." Oh no. Let the emoangst begin. Or not since suddenly Bobby's in the panic room telling Dean it's time. Dean wants a minute alone with Sam. . "Alright, this is where we're gonna be Sam. You get your lazy a** out of bed and come meet us. Sammy, please." He leaves the address and his favorite pistol by Sam's side. Perhaps the desk would be a better place for the gun. Just saying that if Sam convulses again, who knows what could happen?

Back at HeadBobby's, HellSam mutters, "I wish you hadn't come Sam." Sam's figured out his real body is at Bobby's because everything smells like Old Spice and whiskey. Bwah! Glad he kept the humor. He'll need it. Sam wants to find his body and snap out of the coma. Decent plan. HellSam: "But first you have to go through me...Humpty Dumpty has to put himself back together again before you wake up and I'm the last piece." Sam: "Which means I have to know what you know." Hell Sam warns us that hell details are, well, hell and I'm fine with ignorance, because in this case, knowledge means a world of hurt to slog through now and in season 7. Sam: "You're right, but I still have to." Darn. HellSam encourages him to stay at HeadBobby's or find Shady or Jess. "Just don't do this. I know you. You're not strong enough." Yikes, thanks for the pep talk other psyche. It's like black-eyed Dean in Dream a Little Dream. (I hate John.) Sam says he'll risk it. "You know me. You know why. I'm not leaving my brother alone out there." YES!!! Loud clapping and cheers abound. Anyone who doubted that Dean is as important to Sam and Sam is to Dean should rewind this over and over again. They've proved they would die for each other. They will also live for each other even if life is painful and much too hard to bear alone. This cements what we've known for 1/2 a season now. The brothers are back - truly, completely, "I've got you" back. HellSam is sad but won't fight Sam not that he could fight anyone at this point. "Good luck. You're gonna need it." He hands Sam the knife and Sam kills him. The white light bursts into Sam causing his real body to convulse again. I wonder about the writers - Sam has to kill himself to become himself? Hmm.

Meanwhile, Crowley's warehouse is not a warehouse at all. In fact, it looks like a museum with a few dozen angel guards. Cas sits alone until Balthy zaps in. "You rang?" Cas knows Dean's on his way and they have "a Judas in our midst." Balthy guesses it's a cherub mole and Cas invades his space. Cas: "I don't know but I need you to find out." Balthy is too quick to agree and asks what Cas wants done about Dean. "Nothing. I'll handle him myself." Balthy asks if Cas is okay but he really should wing away ASAP. Cas: "First Sam and Dean and now this. I'm doing my best in impossible circumstances. My friends, they abandon me, plot against me. It's difficult to understand." Since Cas has now given his best Stalinesque, benevolent but misunderstood dictator speech, we can confidently say he is Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. Drunk on power and pride, this Cas will destroy not save. Balthy tries to charm his way out. "Well, you've always got little old me." Cas' face hardens before he knives Balthy in the back. "Yes, I'll always have you." Balthy whispers, "Cas" before dropping dead in a shower of light. The power shatters the building's windows while Cas looks on self-righteously. Perhaps we should call you Shiva instead.

Dean and Bobby miss the lightshow, but their odds aren't good. Bobby: "I count a dozen mooks, probably more." Somehow Bobby can tell the difference between angels and demons by looking through binoculars. Handy new trick. How does that work? Dean: "Well, how the hell are we going to take out that many angels?" Good question as your one ally was killed by your former ally, who is the newly appointed head case, and I don't see you partnering with Crowley. Bobby suggests ninja stealth. Dean: "Awesome. Yeah. Until they hear your knee squeak." Bobby tells Dean to can it. "Oh what? Now you've got thin skin?" Bobby: "No. Shut up." The ground quivers as drums beat. Dean: "Oh, T-Rex maybe." On this show, it's possible. Except it's worse - demon swarm. They race to the Impala, but the demons flip it onto its hood. NOOO!!! Not the Impala! She can't die. She's Dean's baby. Inside, Cas hears screaming and chaos before smoke covers the windows. "Never underestimate the King of Hell, darling. I know a lot of swell tricks." Yes, Crowley's back! He wants to re-renegotiate the terms. Cas palms his forehead but no dice. Crowley: "Sweaty hands mate." I love his "ew, gross" voice. "You can palm me all you want. Safe and sound under the wing of my new partner." Crowley brought along Raphael and that's…not surprising. Who else would he get? They all stare at each other and Cas looks nervous for once.

Cas: "Consorting with demons. I thought that was beneath you." Again kettle meet pot. Raphael: "Heard you were doing it. Sounded like fun." Female Raphael is funnier than the male one was. Crowley: "You know Castiel, you've said all kinds of shameful and appalling, scatological things about Raphael. I've found him…her to be really quite reasonable." Cas: "You fool. Raphael will deceive and destroy you at the speed of thought." Hellooo! Anybody in here? Does Cas really think he's better than Raphael? Let's see. Raphael is an ego-driven, proud douche who thinks his way is the only way. Yep, check Cas for that too. He is willing to destroy people to get what he wants. Cas just killed Balthy, so check. Raphael cannot be trusted with what power he already has. Check, check, and triple check Cas. Your intentions might have been good, but both you and Raphael could give Lucifer a run for his money now. Oh how the pure have fallen. Crowley is more succinct. "Right, right, because you're such a straight shooter. She/He has offered me protection against all comers." If he hands over the Purgatory blood. Raphael: "Castiel, you really think I would let you open that door? Take in that much power. If anyone is going to be the new "god," it's me." I suggest they take each other out and spare us. Cas does the Apocalypse song and dance. Crowley: "Hey, this is your doing, mate? I'm merely grabbing the best offer on the table. Now, you have two options. Flee or die." Love how Crowley does the last bit in Cas voice. Cas grabs the blood, tosses it to Crowley, and zaps out. It's highly anticlimactic, so I doubt we've seen the last of Cas either.

Darkness falls across the land. The eclipse hour is close at hand. Symbols in virgin/monster blood. Yep, there goes the neighborhood. Crowley chants as Dean and Bobby lie in the wrecked Impala. Dean wiggles and shouts, "Bobby!" Bobby doesn't move. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! NO BOBBY DEATH! Dean calls out once more. Oh thank all things, he's alive. Kripke, you purposely scheduled my heart attack but you're forgiven. BOBBY'S ALIVE!!! Phew, made it through another season. Well, so far. They make their way out of the car as the ritual progresses. I guess Bobby's knee didn't give away their ninja skills because they creep to the top of the stairs. They give each other a "here goes nothing" shrug and Dean flings the angel knife at Raphael. Who catches it. This is when you're screwed. Crowley hand flicks Bobby down the stairs (no wonder his knee's bad) and Dean off the stairs and onto a table. "We're busy gentlemen. Be with you in a moment." Crowley, you should kill first and open Purgatory next. Just saying this is why all their other adversaries died. Too much chatter, no slaying. Especially since Sam's on the scene. Barely walking and hardly in shape to ninja anywhere, but it's Sam! He flashes to the Unforgiven hell scene and it almost drives him to his knees. Yet no way he's stopping now.

Crowley finishes the ritual but nothing happens. "Maybe I said it wrong." Cas zaps in. "You said it perfectly. What you needed was this?" Cas holds a now empty blood jar. He's squinty and mocking which does not bode well for Raphael, Crowley or possibly the Winchesters. Crowley dips his finger in the blood symbols. "I see. And we've been working with…dog blood, naturally." Raphael demands the real blood because not so quick on the intake. Crowley: "Game's over. His jar's empty. So Castiel, how'd your ritual go? Better than ours I'll bet." Cas breathes in and pure light beams. "You can't imagine what it's like. They're all inside me, millions upon millions of souls." Dean and Bobby exchange worried looks. Crowley: "Sounds sexy. Exit stage Crowley." The only one not panicking, he zaps on out. Bye Crowley, hope to see you next season. Cas: "Now what's the matter Raphael. Somebody clip your wings?" Cas won't let Raphael follow suit so he/she begs. "You let the demon go but not your own brother." "The demon I've got plans for." That does not bode well either. He snaps his fingers and Raphael splatters into blood particles. You know, like how Lucifer splattered Cas. It's like the Apocalypse again but Cas is Lucifer and it's all one-sided.

Cas turns his attention to Dean and Bobby. "So you see, I saved you." Ok, nothing creepy about that smile at all. Dean uses his gentle voice, the kind used to talking people off ledges or to keep your head from getting blown up by a sadistic dictator. "You sure did, Cas. Thank you." (About time even if it's just placating.) Cas: "You doubted me, fought against me, but I was right all along." Dean: "OK Cas. You were. We're sorry. Let's just defuse you, okay." Cas: "What do you mean?" Dean: "You're full of nuke. It's not safe. So before the eclipse ends, let's get them souls back to where they belong." Oh Dean, logic didn't work when Cas was somewhat rational. Do you really think it'll work with all that power exploding in him? Cas: "Oh no. They belong with me." See! Dean claims power has gone to his head but Cas isn't finished. "Raphael had many followers and I must punish them all severely." See that smile when he says it. Yep, power-mad dictator. Dean: "Listen to me. Listen. I know there's a lot of bad water under the bridge, but we were family once. I'd have died for you. I almost did a few times. So if that means anything to you. Please, I've lost Lisa. I've lost Ben and now I've lost Sam. Don't make me lose you too." Dean and Bobby hold their breath; I think fat chance. "You don't need this kind of juice anymore Cas. Get rid of it before it kills us all." Cas: "You're just saying that because I won. Because you're afraid." I am too, buddy. Sam picks up the angel knife behind Cas. "You're not my family Dean. I have no family." Sam shoves the angel blade into Cas' back. BUT NOTHING HAPPENS! The Winchester trio and I are stunned. What? Cas removes the blade. "I'm glad you made it Sam, but the angel blade won't work." You don't say. "Because I'm not an angel anymore. I'm your new god." I know should be terrified right now, but that makes me laugh. "A better one. So you will bow down and profess your love unto me your Lord or I shall destroy you." We get close-ups of everyone's eyes before the screen goes black. And another finale Kripked! Plenty to talk about this hiatus.

The season 6 finale was awesome, one of the best episodes of the season! It had surprises, lots of action, a quick pace , classic rock, a few good one-liners, a huge jump in the mytharc, and an ending that makes me excited for season 7. Even better, no one died who I couldn't live without. (I refuse to believe Metallicar is permanently hurt and Bobby made it through the season. Yeah!) In short, another fabulous finale from Sera, Kripke, and company. I absolutely loved Sam vs. RoboSam. It may be my favorite Sam scene all season. It will be interesting to see if Sam changes subtly now that he has absorbed RoboSam. I hope so. RoboSam was funny. I'm also particularly grateful HellSam didn't describe but moved the plot along too. You know me and the emoangsting. It was fantastic to see Sam stand up to him and emphatically state that he didn't care what he had to go through, he wasn't leaving Dean on his own. I know I wasn't the only one cheering. It's been implied all along, but to hear the words stated so bluntly stirred my heart. The brothers are definitely back and stronger than ever and that's even better than RoboSam. I even enjoyed the mystery at the beginning when I wasn't sure what was going on. It kick started me into the episode and my attention never wavered. I loved the whole Sam situation and I'm tremendously happy the cliffhanger wasn't the wall falling. Sam in a coma would have been depressing.

I also like how it was Cas who destroyed Sam's wall instead of it crumbling on its own. It was the perfect way to show how far he had fallen and since it was pre-opening Purgatory, he can't use soul juice as an excuse. I guess we know what Kripke thinks of "Destiel." No doubt Cas will be redeemed next season, but no way Dean forgets he put Sam at risk. That would be completely out of character for him. I hope Cas does a Darth Vader thing where he dies to save the Winchesters - no army men in this scenario. It would give the character a powerful death and finally get rid of the angel storyline that has dragged on for far too long. That being said, how fantastic is the idea of Cas as the Big Bad. I love it. It gives Cas a real purpose in the story next year. This year it felt like they threw him in to meet a quota. "Hey, where can we stick in Random Cass Scene #3?") I firmly believe plot should drive characters not the other way around. Not to mention, Misha Collins will have a ball with it. For me, there was only 3 ways to go with Cas here - 1. Dead and not in season 7. 2. Fully human with no angel powers. 3. Thoroughly evil. Glad they didn't choose #2 because who needs a third wheel in the Impala. They chose the best option for the series. I look forward to seeing how the Winchester clan gets out of the room much less take down the most powerful angel around. You think Gabriel faked his death and is living in Las Vegas? Maybe he could join the fight.

In the end, this finale left me far more excited about season 7 than Swan Song made me excited about season 6. There are so many angles left to play. So many monsters left to hunt. And finally, it will be Dean and Sam doing it instead of calling up angel express to take care of things for them. It's about time and I for one cannot wait to see it. Thanks again for another fabulous season cast and crew of Supernatural. You constantly amaze me. The acting is superb from the main characters to the guest stars. The writers take huge leaps and we get the payoff. Their twists kept me guessing what would happen next and I'm happy to say most times I was wrong. When a show constantly surprises you and still actually makes sense, it's a keeper. The crew does phenomenal things with a small budget. I love how they played with tones and different shots this year. While I don't know enough about TV production to really appreciate all the hard work put in, I know when I watch Supernatural, everything sucks me into the saga unfolding on my screen. Thank you for sharing your magic with me. I appreciate all your hard work and I'm forever grateful for the last 6 years. Can't wait to see what you cook up for #7. (Just make sure the Impala's fixed please.)

Screencaps by Supernatural Caps and Supernatural Fans Online
SPN Asylum
My blog

No comments:

Post a Comment